Welcome to Kočevsko, also known as the kingdom of bears! Spend an unforgettable day in the forest, where you will learn how important it is to maintain responsible coexistence between nature and man. The program is suitable for everyone who would like to experience a different day in nature, learn about bears and follow signs of their presence in their natural environment.The programme is also very educational for children. The brown bear and the vast forests of Kočevsko will surely impress you with their might.
Program duration: 1 day (5-7 hours)
Season: April - October
Suitable for: families with children, couples, individuals, small groups (up to 15 people)
You can observe: the brown bear, wolf, lynx, deer, roe deer, various forest birds, owls, waterfowl
- your adventure begins in Kočevje, where the guide will introduce you to the program,
- you will go to the forest and learn a lot of information about the nature in Kočevsko, its wild inhabitants and bears in particular,
- you will follow traces of wild animals and you might even observe some on the way,
- you will learn about edible and healing herbs in our forests,
- you will have a forest picnic of "bear menu" on the clearing,
- you will look for traces of wild animals in the forest and you may even get to observe them,
- you will visit the "Bear Room" in Kočevska Reka.
The adventure begins in the town of Kočevje, located in the heart of Kočevsko. An experienced and specialized tour guide will first introduce you to the entire program of the day and explain everything you need to know before entering the forest. The path will lead you deep into the heart of the Kočevsko forests until you find the first traces of wild animals. This is an ideal place to stop and start exploring the secret forests, where you can come across the footsteps of different animals, with each of them having a different interpretation as well as a different story. Accompanied by the guide, you will trace the animals and explore the various signs of the presence of wildlife in their natural environment, while learning a lot of new interesting and useful information. You will also get to learn about edible and healing herbs that grow in our forests and include them in the dishes for your picnic lunch. While exploring, you will also stop at a clearing where you can relax and refresh yourself while having a small forest picnic with local delicacies. For all enthusiastic photographers, there will be no shortage of picturesque spots with beautiful motifs of nature.
You will visit the "Bear Room" in Kočevska Reka, which serves as a place for sharing knowledge about bears and everything related to them.
At your request, after the forest picnic, you will be able to visit a local beekeeper who successfully coexists with bears. He will introduce you to all the measures for successful coexistence, entrust you with many interesting stories, and you will also taste various honey products and the Kočevje Forest Honey, which is rated as one of the highest quality honeys in the world, as evidenced by the a label of protected designation of origin which it proudly bears.
We have developed this program in accordance with the standards of sustainable tourism and with the least possible impact on the environment, especially on wild animals.
• 2 people 150 EUR / person
• 3 people 100 EUR / person
• 4 - 8 people in a group 80 EUR / person
The price includes:
- professional guidance of a qualified local tourist guide throughout the day
- all local transports
- admission to Bear Room
- forest picnic with local delicacies consisting of items from the "Bear Menu"
- visit to a beekeeper and tasting of honey products and Kočevsko forest honey (surcharge 15 EUR / person)
- evening bear watching (surcharge: 2 people - 180,00 € / person, 3 people - 150,00 € / person, 4 people or more - 140,00 € / person)
Contact and inquiries:
T: +386 31 544 744
We look forward to your visit to Kočevsko, the Secret Forest of Slovenia.