With its vast forests, Kočevsko is an ideal tourist destination for longer cycling trips. The remote forest roads and quickly accessible civilization offer a break from the daily hustle and bustle, and each participant is also guaranteed a taste of the local cuisine and a good night's rest in a comfortable bed. Getting to know the destination of Kočevsko with e-bikes not only ensures that you will enjoy the trip while not being too tired, but also that you will find your inner peace while getting to know the wild nature of Kočevsko and its inhabitants.
Length of the programme: 3 days
Suitable for: families with older children, couples, smaller groups of up to 8 people (minimum body height 160cm)
Season: April – October
Group size: 2 – 8 people
Equipment required: the price includes the use of an e-bike and a helmet, while participants must provide appropriate sportswear and footwear. If you want to use your own bike, it is necessary to inform the organiser in advance.
Possibility of encountering: deer, roe-deer, fox, hedgehog, rabbit, eagle, etc.
- Reception in Kočevje;
- E-bike ride along the forest roads of the Stojna Hills with tracking of wild animals;
- Lunch at the Pr'Slavcu Hunting Lodge in Koče;
- Tour of the White-tailed Eagle's Lake educational nature trail in Kočevska Reka;
- E-bike ride to Firstov rep and a hike to Loška stena;
- E-bike ride across Strma Reber to the Osilnica valley for a well-deserved dinner and free time for swimming in the Kolpa River;
- After breakfast, an e-bike ride along the Kolpa River and a stop at the church of St. Anne;
- Tour of Kostel Castle and lunch;
- Afternoon water activities in the Kolpa River or survival skills in nature followed by dinner and a well-deserved rest in the Kostel valley;
- After breakfast, an e-bike ride back to Kočevje with tracking of wild animals;
- Finish at the local MATT brewery with a tour, tasting and refreshments.
Day 1: We enter the living room of our wild friends
On the first day of e-cycling, we will meet in Kočevje, where you will be treated to some local cuisine and hear a brief presentation of the tourist destination of Kočevsko. An experienced guide will explain the activities for the first day and together you will set off on the adventures that await.
You will take a mountain e-bike to the Stojna Hills and start tracking the wild animals that live in our forests. With a bit of luck, you will spot traces of game animals, foxes or smaller forest dwellers. This will be followed by a lunch of venison cuisine at the Pr'Slavec Hunting Lodge in Koče.
After lunch, you will stop in Kočevska Reka by the Reško Lake and take a walk along the Lake educational nature trail for an encounter with a beautiful pair of white-tailed eagles, hopefully with offspring. This will be followed by an e-bike ride to the starting point of the Firstov rep nature reserve and a hike to the breath-taking Loška stena.
When you have caught your breath, you will descend through Strma Reber to the Osilnica valley for a swim in the Kolpa River and a well-deserved dinner. Dinner will be followed by an evening of free time.
Day 2: Our companion and friend the Kolpa River
After a delicious breakfast of local delicacies, an experienced guide will introduce you to the activities of the second day and take you for an e-bike ride through the Kolpa valley to admire the natural formations that the Kolpa River has carved throughout its history.
After a quick stop at the church of St. Anne, you will continue your journey to the Kostel valley, where you will stop at Kostel Castle for a guided tour and a lunch of local Kostel delicacies.
To fill the afternoon, you will be able to choose between water activities in the Kolpa River or a quick course on survival in nature – the activities will depend on the time of year, the weather and, of course, your wishes.
You will end the day with a delicious dinner and a night's rest to the sounds of the Kolpa River.
Day 3: Through the forest to the hops
After a Kostel breakfast, you will again listen to the guide outline the course of the last day. Then you will set out for a ride uphill, back towards Kočevje. The return will again be surrounded by the forests of Kočevsko and you will have the opportunity to track our wild friends once more.
The path will lead you through the once picturesque Gottscheer villages, and the guide will describe the former majority population of Kočevsko and their customs.
We will end the day at the local MATT brewery with a tour of the brewery and a tasting of their beers, as well as a last feast of local culinary delicacies.
Groups of 2: € 870.- per person
Groups of 3: € 750.- per person
Groups of 4: € 680.- per person
Groups of 5: € 640.- per person
Groups of 6: € 620.- per person
Groups of 7: € 600.- per person
Groups of 8: € 580.- per person
The price includes:
- A qualified and experienced guide who will guide you through the entire programme
- Rental of an e-bike and bicycle helmet and accompanying logistics
- 2x full board with overnight stay
- A guided tour of the White-tailed Eagle's Lake educational nature trail in Kočevska Reka
- A guided hike to Firstov rep and Loška stena
- A guided tour of Kostel Castle
- Water activities in the Kolpa River or a quick course of survival in nature (depending on the time of year, the weather and the wishes of the guests)
- Visit, tasting and reception at the local MATT brewery
Contact details and inquiry:
POYEK Tomaž Poje s.p.
M: +386 40 223 995