The former village of Kunč (German: Kuntschen, Gottschee Kuntschn) lies on a large clearing at the edge of a plateau where deer often feed. There are also two wells with drinking water.
Kunč is one of the oldest villages in Kočevski Rog. In 1574 it encompassed a farm, which was cultivated by two farmers. In 1937, there were five farms, seven houses and 28 inhabitants. More than half a century before that, Kunč was considered the most "royal" village in Kočevsko, since more than half of the house owners had a lastname König (the German word for king).
During the war, Kunč was burnt down, and after the war, one house was rebuilt for the residence of forest workers. The nearby ruins of Auersperg's manor house (wall remains to the left of the path) are related with stories about Veronika Deseniška. According to tradition Veronika hid here from Herman of Celje, the father of her lover, and watched the Friedrichstein Castle get demolished.
Near the village is also the Ice Cave on Kunč. The Roška hiking trail leads past Kunč, and runs through a meadow and then along a path down through the forest.