Observing and Discovering Bears in Their Natural Habitat
Duration: 1 day
Suitable for: small groups, families, couples
Minimum number of persons: 2
Maximum number of persons: 8
Mandatory equipment: hiking boots, warm and waterproof non-noisy clothing
Get to know the most famous inhabitant of the forests of Kočevsko from up close. An exciting trip through the woods with an expert guide will bring you closer to brown bears and wild nature in a whole new way. Spend an unforgettable day in the forest.
- You will spend most of your day hiking in the surroundings of Kočevska Reka;
- You will get to know the forest of Kočevsko;
- You will follow the signs of wildlife;
- You will take a break with a good lunch;
- You will visit the Bear Room and listen to a lecture;
- You will await the evening arrival of bears from the safe shelter of an observation stand.
We meet at the Bearlog Hostel in Kočevje in the morning and bring a ready-made lunch for a picnic in the forest. We spend most of our day hiking around Kočevska Reka, where we experience the secrets of the forests of Kočevsko. With the help of the guide, we follow the signs of the presence of wild animals in their natural habitat and learn about a lot of interesting and useful information about them. In the meantime, we enjoy a picnic on a clearing in the woods.
After a late lunch at the Pr'Slavec Inn in Koče near Kočevska Reka, we drive to Kočevska Reka for a tour of the Bear Room. The tour is followed by a lecture aimed at getting to know the environment of wild beasts (wolves, bears and lynx) present in the forests of Kočevsko, their habits and tracking methods. The guide also teaches us about proper behaviour on observation stands during bear observation. In the evening, accompanied by a hunter and a local guide, we head to the observation stands, where with some luck we can observe the most charismatic inhabitants of the forests of Kočevsko, bears, during their evening activities.
Optional services can also be included:
• Transportation to Kočevje and back to your chosen destination
• Tour of Ljubljana
• Additional overnight accommodation
• Additional activities